The doctors at Sunnyside Pediatrics are in support of eligible children receiving the Covid-19 vaccine. The vaccine is not yet available in our office, please follow the link below to find an appointment for your child.
For COVID-19 exposure and testing
If you have had an exposure to a person who has tested positive to Covid 19:
- Quarantine for 14 days
- May test after 5 days or sooner if symptoms develop
- Isolation for 10 days or more after the start of symptoms and resolution of symptoms for 3 days.
- If you need a note to return to school, be sure you have followed direction noted above before return
Any concerns please call the office to speak to a medical assistant.
Testing- refer to:
https://coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-covid-19-testing-locations/ for general information
https://healthcare.utah.edu/coronavirus/testing/ for University of Utah or affiliated insurance
https://intermountainhealthcare.org/covid19-coronavirus/get-testing/ for IHC/ United Healthcare or affiliated insurance
Most testing sites require a reservation.
How is Sunnyside responding to COVID-19?
Sunnyside Pediatrics is working hard to keep our patients and staff healthy through the COVID-19 pandemic. We have adjusted our schedules for the near future and are taking extra precautions with any sick patients.
Keeping your child’s vaccinations up to date continues to be a priority, and we are scheduling as many of our “well” checks as possible in the early morning to separate them from the sick visits. In support of social distancing we are working to minimize any waiting room time.
If your children are sick and have no known COVID-19 exposures our office remains the best place to have them assessed. Please let us know if you have had any COVID-19 exposures so we can take proper precautions when we see you.
Face Masks are required!
What you can expect:
- We set aside a few hours in the morning exclusively for well visits – let us know if you would prefer this.
- Most sick patients will be seen in the afternoon hours.
- We are still asking that only the patient and one caregiver come to the appointment. If more than that are required, please contact our front desk.
- Please wear a mask to all clinic visits and ensure that the mask remains over the nose and mouth throughout the visit.
- As usual we ask you to keep your children with you throughout your time in the office. We are working diligently to keep the office clean and “free-range” children in the hallway create unnecessary infectious risk and work for the staff.
- Our staff, including those at the front desk, will be wearing masks and other protective gear for all appointments. We are screening staff members for symptoms of illness, and they will not be at work if there is suspicion of illness.
Helping your children through the pandemic
New York Times article Answering Kids’ Questions About the Coronavirus, in Free Picture Books